You will be able to submit your resume from this page, which represents a sampling of our ACTIVE searches. From our CONTACT US page you can also submit your resume to us for future searches. ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL YOU GIVE US PERMISSION TO DISCLOSE IT.
Director, Strategic Marketing
Medical Device Company: Director, Strategic Marketing
Printer Friendly, right click, "Save Target As"
Client will relocate within
the US, but only for ideal
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Product Management
Compensation: $155K - $170K base, plus bonus and benefits
The Director of Strategic Marketing provides leadership and guidance to plan and execute market / opportunity assessments, develop the strategic plan, complete competitive assessments, forecasting, and market research for the Imaging Division of Breast Health. Working in close collaboration with the product marketing team and the product management team, and other functions, this person will lead and execute the above activities as well as work with product development teams to ensure long term growth goals are met. The Strategic Marketing Director works under the direction of the VP of Marketing, and in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership team, Business Development team, R+D team and other functions in the division and corporation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leader for strategic marketing activities.
- In collaboration with product marketing managers, develop long term strategies and plans to drive growth in existing product areas and new product areas / opportunities.
- Develop and manage processes for strategic revenue forecasting, modeling existing and new markets, product pipeline planning, market research, customer and market segmentation, competitor analysis, market share analysis, and similar activities.
- In collaboration with marketing, business development, R+D, and other functions, coordinate and/or lead efforts relating new product and segment scouting and assessments (globally), and develop comprehensive entry strategies for new opportunities as appropriate.
- Plan and conduct market research and analysis activities, in collaboration with product marketing teams, including defining research objectives, gathering data from secondary market sources, aggregating and synthesizing data and drawing meaningful insights. Where necessary, be willing to roll up your sleeves and conduct this work.
- Work with product management team to help define product requirements and develop proposals.
- Lead and / or support customer segmentation / penetration / valuation efforts – for strategic planning and for product launches.
- Conduct analyses to understand business performance – mining and analyzing internal revenue, volume and ASPs.
- Provide competitive gap analysis.
- Understand and track critical aspects of external environment including payors, regulations, competitors, clinician behaviors, patient statistics and other dynamics.
- Identify new markets, product extensions, and / or applications that will support continued business unit growth.
- College degree required, MBA highly preferred.
- 10+ current years of healthcare marketing experience within a medical device / medical equipment company is required. · Capital equipment and imaging equipment experience is a plus.
- Mammography / Radiology / Women’s Health highly preferred.
- Strong project management and excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to frame complex issues and provide supporting data and analytics.
- Previous demonstrated experience in team leadership and management.
- Excellent strategic planning and/or marketing science skills.
- Ability to travel required as needed, some International.