You will be able to submit your resume from this page, which represents a sampling of our ACTIVE searches. From our CONTACT US page you can also submit your resume to us for future searches. ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL YOU GIVE US PERMISSION TO DISCLOSE IT.
Director of Commercial Distribution
Biotech Company: Director of Commercial Distribution
Printer Friendly, right click, "Save Target As"
Location: US -
Reports To: Vice President
Compensation: $175K base plus bonus and benefits
The Director, Commercial Distribution is to provide leadership throughout the commercial organization in the area of planning and execution for commercial distribution strategies and managing relationships with key customers (wholesalers/specialty pharmacies). This position will also have an important role on the Managed Markets and Reimbursement team and across functions, coordinating efforts related to commercial distribution strategy, processes and operations.
- Lead Commercial Distribution Strategy and Implementation.
- Lead development of commercial distribution strategies to support current and pipeline products.
- Serve as internal project lead to establish and execute distribution channel projects and programs.
- Build cross-functional conscience and support for distribution initiatives, including wholesalers and specialty pharmacies.
- Serve as initial and single point of contact for all day-to-day business initiatives and implementation for ongoing commercial distribution with both internally and with 3rd party vendors.
- Collaborate with the field account team to execute on strategies to maximize product access with commercial distribution customers.
- Lead distribution related contract design and negotiations with channel distribution partners that optimize product performance from a patient access, safety and profitability perspective.
- Provide expertise on distribution trends and environment to establish an in-house resource.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with key distribution partners to ensure familiarity with products and to enable successful programs.
- Oversee efforts to ensure that strong internal and external relationships are built with key accounts.
- Develop and present customer updates on product, disease state, patient support programs, and reimbursement.
- Collaborate/coordinate with clinical liaison.
- Ability to travel to customer meetings.
- Develop and present Quarterly Business Reviews with key partners.
- Lead/Participate in ad hoc managed markets projects as requested Monitor inventory levels within the channel to maintain within agreed levels to assure adequate access to all customers.
- Manage end of quarter activities.
- Manage returned goods process, vendor, and policy.
- Resolve product distribution issues.
- BA/BS with at least 10+ years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience • In-depth understanding of the functions and procedures of distribution channel, wholesalers and specialty pharmacy.
- Outstanding customer relationships, interpersonal and communication skills with the established ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating agreements.
- Solid project management and interpersonal/communication skills in leading and directing teams to achieve project objectives and goals within assigned timelines.
- Highly effective presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects that require collaboration across functional areas.