You will be able to submit your resume from this page, which represents a sampling of our ACTIVE searches. From our CONTACT US page you can also submit your resume to us for future searches. ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL YOU GIVE US PERMISSION TO DISCLOSE IT.
Director, Regional Account Management
Biotech Company: Director, Regional Account Management
Printer Friendly, right click, "Save Target As"
Nationwide, ideal candidate
based East of Chicago
Reports To: Director, Managed Care Accounts
Compensation: $150K - $190K Base +
Reports: 8 - 10
The Associate Director, Regional Account Management will lead and manage a national team of RAMs who develop relationships with and manage contract negotiations for targeted regional MCOs and state Medicaid agencies to ensure access to portfolio of products. Candidate must possess strong background in leadership and account management with proven success collaborating and negotiating with commercial payers. Previous experience managing a commercial Account Team is required.
Requirements to apply for this role:
- Devising a national strategy for regional accounts as well as an effective tactical plan for execution. Know where the business is strong, where it may be vulnerable, and where there is more opportunity.
- Ensuring direct reports have proactive business plans for all targeted accounts to maintain quality of access and reimbursement for our promoted products.
- Ensuring direct reports have the knowledge to clinically differentiate product, present and demonstrate the business and economic knowledge to deliver a value proposition for our brands.
- Leading and coaching RAM team to effectively negotiate and maintain rebate contracts with regional plans where appropriate through implementation of comprehensive contracting strategy.
- Integrating and aligning goals between the RAM team, the rest of the MMR account teams and field sales management function.
- Working cross-functionally with the Director of Managed Accounts, Director of Contracting, MMR Marketing and others to ensure effective execution of overall MMR strategy.
- Developing talent and preparing potential RAM candidates for future responsibilities across the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- College degree required. Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Must have current experience managing a RAM team.
- Field based position 30-40% overnight travel. Some evening and weekend travel.
- Ability to prioritize high value tasks.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, leadership, and coaching skills.
- Ability to create, present and submit proposals to senior management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with members of MMR and entire commercial team.
- Continuous interaction with account team, MMR, and the sales organization.